- What Are The Advantages Of U Visa?
- List Of Crimes For Which U Visa Is Applicable
- How To Apply For U Visa?
U Visa is best defined as a new opportunity to start afresh for those who have already suffered mental and physical trauma. For instance, people who have been a victim of assault, physical torture, sexual harassment, extortion, or fraudulence can apply for U nonimmigrant Status in the USA.
This approval earns the victims renewed opportunities to earn and live in the country with dignity and all rights that apply to its citizens. Therefore, this approval does not reduce the victims to secondary citizens of the country and allows them to lead a life of dignity and respect.
Victims living in and outside of the USA can apply for this status with equal ease. Once the petition receives a green signal, you can continue with the following procedures to finally enter the country and apply for a green card later.
However, for applicants from foreign countries, an additional step of an interview in the nearest Consulate or Embassy remains necessary.
Applying for this status in the USA can be beneficial for the victims in more ways than one. In short, they get a fresh opportunity to start their lives anew and get ample scopes to earn a decent livelihood. In addition, the benefits of this U Nonimmigrant Status approval extend to the family members of the victims as well.
- It offers the victims of heinous crimes protection against exile.
- With this permit, victims of several crimes can get a work permit along with a Social Security Number to start their lives from scratch.
- Once the victim settles down in the USA, he/she can bring the rest of the family members (spouse, children, etc.) as his/her derivative beneficiaries.
- This status approval helps the victims apply for citizenship in the USA. You can also become a permanent resident of America with this U Nonimmigrant status approval.
- Applicants, awaiting additional Visas may apply for authorization of employment.
If you have been a victim of any of the following crimes, you become eligible to apply for U nonimmigrant Status in the USA.
- Assault with a weapon
- Sexual Assault or exploitation
- Deception while hiring foreign laborers
- Obstruction of justice
- Perjury Prostitution
- Involuntary servitude
- Human trafficking
Do not let any of these crimes committed against you draw a permanent halt to your life. Seek the help of the professionals involved with managing such cases to know your options.
Apart from the offenses mentioned above, victims of stalking, abduction, forced labor, slave trade, involuntary manslaughter, blackmail, etc., can also apply for this special status.
People who have suffered due to domestic violence, genital mutilation, illegal detention, witness tampering during a legal process, etc. also qualify for this status.
The U Visa application process is not difficult or complex. You just have to complete the four steps mentioned below to apply for it.
- Download and fill out the USCIS forms to apply for U Nonimmigrant Status.
- Keep all the documents ready along with the pieces of evidence that could prove your claims of being a victim of a qualifying crime.
- Send all the pieces of evidence and documentation to USCIS.
- The authorities managing immigration issues will first review your files and decide whether you qualify for the status approval or not.
It is not mandatory to hire a lawyer for all these. But, the documentation process can be tricky and time-consuming. Thus, if you appoint a lawyer to handle the application process, it could help you in more ways than one. With professionals guiding you, you will feel more confident and the chances of approval will rise.
To summarize, U Visa can be your second chance for a new beginning. If life has been unfair to you, this Federal government provision can become a silver lining at any time. These rules not only ensure a new beginning but also a brighter future.
You can become a citizen of the USA within a few years of getting a U non-immigrant status. Moreover, you will also find work opportunities right after getting the status that could help you reshape your life.
Onal Gallant Bayram&Amin PC is a law office specializing in Real Estate Law, Intellectual Property, Corporate and Business Law, Immigration Law, and US Visa Processes. We provide reliable advice on topics like forming a corporation, buying a house in the US, trademark registration, and Green Card applications (e.g., EB3 Visa or DV Lottery). Our experienced lawyers are ready to help with exceptional knowledge and insight into immigration law.
Follow us on www.ogplawfirm.com and our social media accounts: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Quora, LinkedIn, and Medium. Also, check out our Youtube Channel and blogs in Turkish and English for updated information and news.
Visit our office or contact us via e-mail or phone.