The U.S. Department of State has announced the results of the Diversity Visa Lottery for 2024, and approximately 55,000 individuals have been selected for further processing. If you're one of the lucky winners, congratulations! Here's what you need to know about the next steps in the process:
- Complete and Submit DS-260 Forms: If you have been selected for further processing, it's essential to complete and submit the DS-260 forms for yourself and all family members as soon as possible. You can access the forms at this link.
- Plan for Adjustment of Status (AOS) in the U.S.: If you plan to complete the DV process in the United States through Adjustment of Status, you must be in the U.S. in a valid nonimmigrant status, and you must pay an AOS fee to the Kentucky Consular Center before receiving your green card.
- Prepare Civil Documents and Other Evidence: After submitting the DS-260 forms, you will need to prepare civil documents for each applicant and gather any other evidence that may be required for your interview.
- Wait for Your Interview: The consulate will schedule your interview based on your case number, and the Department of State announces available visa numbers every month on their website. Submission dates of DS-260 forms have also been considered by consulates for scheduling interviews.
- Make Changes and Corrections: Throughout this process, changes and corrections to the applications are permitted until final adjudication.
- Add New Family Members: Before completing the process and receiving the green card or immigrant visa, you can add your newborns and spouses to your case.
It's important to remember that being selected for further processing does not guarantee that you will be approved for permanent residency. You will need to meet all the eligibility requirements and pass the interview process to be granted a visa.
For more information about the Diversity Visa Lottery and the next steps in the process, visit the official website of the U.S. Department of State.
Don't delay – make sure to complete and submit your DS-260 forms for all family members urgently to avoid delays in the process. Best of luck on your journey to permanent residency in the United States!
Onal Gallant & Partners PC is a law office specializing in Real Estate Law, Intellectual Property, Corporate and Business Law, Immigration Law, and the US Visa Processes. We deliver reliable advice on a large variety of subjects ranging from forming a corporation and buying a house in the US to trademark registration and Green Card applications (e.g., EB3 Visa or DV Lottery). With exceptional knowledge and insight into immigration law, our experienced lawyers at Onal Gallant and Partners are ready to help and respond to all of your inquiries.
www.ogplawfirm.com, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Quora, LinkedIn and Medium accounts, Youtube Channel, and our blogs in Turkish and English can be followed to get updated information and news about these topics.
You can also visit our office directly or contact us via e-mail or phone.